Oh Agbala, does the village not sound so prosperous? These noises, the laughter, the cries. How I do wish to dearly join in. Is it not a joyful day today? The day after I saved Ezinma. I felt such.. joy knowing I had a part in saving her life. Yet I cannot stop this weariness, this bitterness inside me. Oh, night is steadily coming and the sun has been taking over by the moon. I feel the shivers coming closer and closer. My tracks are slowing and my skin seems to reflect the earth. This is the life I was fated to have. From the ends of this earth to the vast dip of the sky, these wrapped blankets of soil seem to reflect and cover me. My body is turning for you. But what is this bitterness I sense me. I know no contempt but it hurts. I just want to stop. I.. I .. I just want to be someone who can be free to join in and live. But I know. It is my fate to help those in need, to those that need help to fulfill their destiny. But I cannot help.. but feel jealousy and envy. Ah, my soul, my soul. My broken shell of a soul. The heavens have spoken and my will is taken. Your presence wraps itself around me and I know. This, my body, is but a tool for your messages. This bitterness is swallowing me and I cannot breathe for anymore. But I know and I understand. This is my fate, this is my destiny. This is the role I was meant to have. In this raging storm, and perhaps roaring sea somewhere, I am but a beacon. Yet I am lost. But I know, I must begin what I never ended. Because I know, wno matter where I am or how hurt I may ever feel, no matter how much bitterness is welled up in me or how much weariness I feel, I must carry on and continue my line of duty, because this, is where I belong.
------------------------------------------------------------
This was Chielo, talking to the Oracle. There are changes because I omitted some parts and added bits and pieces. As well, I used two pieces of different ideas that I wrote and spoke my monologue as so. Therefore, it is going to vary in places. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment