Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Malva and Orpheus

For Valentine's Day, I don't think I ever quite liked this special occasion since it comes with a lot of painful memories... but to give out my heart to someone who's been in my life and supported me really was an encouragement. So to the person who has my heart, I present this poem to him.

On the cherry blossom tree
You gave your life for me
The red that appears
On that silvery sheen

I am your Malva
And you are my Orpheus
It seems like the situation is the same
For it appears to be
That I’m destined for my own

The violin whispers through the wind
And your voice carries through
The melodies of the strings

The waves roar out the melody
That you wrote for me
As if the earth knew what you were to me

And the snow glistens
As the melodies grow louder
and the peace is forever remembered
in this cool dark night
where we once shared a couple kisses
under the evergreen tree

The lights suddenly turn on
And your pitch black eyes
Stare right into mine
Without a doubt
Nor hesitation
You said,
You love me.

Droplets of salt water
Came rushing down
Because I know you’ll be away
By tomorrow’s rising dawn

But I don’t care
And I just smile
Because I know
You love me

This happiness that does not dare
To disappear, and with the glow
That brightens you
The melodies by Mother Earth
Comes alive
As the fireworks in the night
Explode with colour and bright

Here, as the snow creates the land
And the water bounds the graves
I can only say
Staring right back at you
With this glass in between,
I love you. 
This poem was created for the intention of speaking out our memories and our past that we shared together. This person, who I wanted to give, is a person of kindness and... just a normal unique boy who I happen to love. 
It's a simple poem really, stating the experiences of how we met and how we ended. It's nothing special but at the same time, it's something that speaks of the importance between the past that we shared. I would like to give a valentine's letter with this poem in mind, to remind... perhaps, myself, of how much I still love him. 

3 comments:

  1. I love all the visual and sound imagery you used in your poem, especially the stanza beginning with "And the snow glistens". Nice job (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used "Malva and Orpheus" from a teen romance novel to illustrate your love for this special person. Although I know this is a free verse poem, it might have been physically more consistent if you kept your lines in your stanzas the same. Regardless, I love your poem ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cadia, thank you. :)
    Danielle, thanks. I'll take that into consideration if I will ever make another poem like this. :)

    ReplyDelete